Card No. 1: I created a circular card using the Christmas Leaf Spray Wreath & 3D Layered Bow Silhouette cutting files.I stamped a Papertrey Ink sentiment in the center, added a few red pearls for my holly berries and then topped my bow with a decorative brad. Aside from the cutting time, I love how elegant it turned out without a lot of effort. I will say the bow is really bulky though and this will be a card I hand deliver (it wouldn't even fit in an envelope so I might put it on top of a goodie plate for the neighbors). ;)
Card No. 2: I created this card in response to a magazine call asking for projects using bow icons. I will say this was rescued from the trash and nearly made it there again. I'm still not loving it, but I tried my best to create a wreath of sorts using a bow stamp and some masking material. I was feeling like the bow details were getting lost and didn't match without the stamped outline the banner stamp had so I traced each bow with a black pen.I created a box pleat around the outside of my card and then used a large circle die to cut it to a consistent size (so it would actually fit in an envelope). ;)
Card No. 3: For this card I stamped Papertrey Ink's Year of Flowers: Poinsettia set using some archival ink on watercolor paper. I masked off some of the flowers so I could layer my images and keep my card flat for mailing. By using archival ink that is waterproof, I was able to color my images with water and my distress reinkers. When the flowers were dry, I added some Stickles glitter to the veins to add a little sparkle.
Card No. 4: I created this card for a local card club challenge where they gave us each a sheet of 6x6 paper from My Mind's Eye's Sleigh Bells paper pad and a unique die-cut. I received the "Sleigh Bells Ring" cardstock phrase and the red striped paper for mine. I decided to go in search of a cutting file to compliment the phrase and found THIS shape in the Silhouette store which I thought was perfect. I cut it from red vinyl and added a little crocheted lace, velvet ribbon and some die-cut holly leaves. Super simple, but I'm happy with how it turned out (especially given that the challenge kits were pretty picked over by the time they made it my way). ;)
Well that wraps it up for today. Thanks so much for visiting me. Hope you have a wonderful weekend and get lots of things done on your "to do" list. ;)
Supplies used (available at Scrapbook.com)
Pin It Now!