Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Oodles of Doodlebug Springtime Layouts and Cards

I'm so excited to be sharing some projects over at Doodlebug's blog today from what I think just might be my all time favorite Doodlebug collection ever called Springtime!  To me it epitomizes everything I love about Doodlebug!

First up, I have a layout to share.  As soon as I saw the rainbow gingham print, I knew I had to go in search for some old photos of my daughter wearing a dress in almost the exact same print.  I tried my best to capture all the rainbows and happiness this collection embodies!


I die cut a rainbow on my Silhouette using a mix of different cutting files and cut my clouds from cardstock with a slightly larger vellum shadow.  I wanted to emphasize the translucent quality, but also still hide the bottom of my rainbow and this totally did the trick!


Next up is another layout, this time using the darling new Springtime Mini Garland.  Love the detail in the darling flowers and leaves--It was almost too cute to cut into!


I set out to create a flower border to extend the flowers in my photo.  For a subtle touch I layered some Limeade Sprinkle Vellum for my grass and poked holes and stitched on Limeade bakers twine for my stems.


For my title I used the word "Spring" from the Springtime Icon Cardstock Stickers, but my "P" was getting lost on the background so I went old-school and mounted them on white cardstock and fussy cut a small shadow around each letter (totally brought back memories).  ;)


I also couldn't wait to play with the Mini Kites Craft Kit so I created a quick little Easter card using one of Doodlebug's Slim Filagree Cards along with sprinkles for my knots and more adorable icon stickers.  Isn't that little bunny sticker completely irresistible?!


For my last project I made a bridal shower card using a Tangerine Polka-dot card base.  I love how these umbrellas will work for Spring themes as well as for Baby and Bridal showers!


I hope you fall as head over heals for this collection as I have!  I found it completely intoxicating and have had a hard time pulling myself away from it!  :)

6 comments:

  1. These are beautiful! I love the bright colors. Is it spring yet??

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Queen of Cuteness strikes again! ;) Beautiful creations!!! Love all the fun and brightness of your cards and layouts. Where do all these brilliant ideas come from?!?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Your sweet comments always brighten my day! ;)

      Delete
  3. You absolutely captured Spring in paper! Love your use of color and dimension - the vellum cloud shadow is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE everyone of these! Love all these DB prints...so awesome! I especially love that first layout---just amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE LOVE LOVE all of your projects my friend!! WOW that first layout with the rainbows... just breathtaking!!! The Spring layout with the tulips everywhere is gorgeous... tulips are my favorite flowers =) and your cards are soooooooooo pretty! This collection is awesome and Doodlebug always has the nicest papers and kits ... at least I think so. So fun, colorful and cheery!
    Hugs,
    Jo
    xox

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...