Friday, January 16, 2015

A Doodlebug Frosty Friends Skiing Snow Bunnies Layout

Hello there!  I found a little time recently to play some more with my favorite Frosty Friends collection so I thought I would share the results of my scrappy session (I made this layout to compliment another Frosty Friends layout I previously shared HERE).

To create my title I combined some of my favorite Love Letters alphabet stickers with the word "Snow" which I die-cut on my Silhouette.

I had a little space between my two largest photos that felt a bit bare to me so I layered a snowflake punch with a doodlepop snowflake.  I like how it helps create a diagonal feel to my overall layout connecting my smaller photos.


I honestly had my layout pretty much completed and I was satisfied with the feel of it, but then I remembered I still hadn't included any journaling.  I didn't want to completely fill the last bit of "white space" I had in the bottom, left corner so I decided to compromise by printing my journaling on vellum for a lighter, slightly transparent look.

3M Spray Mount is a wonderful adhesive for this.  I finally broke down and bought some and I'm in love.  There really is no better way to adhere vellum--It's completely invisible!  Just make sure to use a big cardboard box in an area that is well ventilated because it's super sticky and has the potential to ruin your precious surfaces.


Like so many of us, do you have pages and pages of layouts just waiting for their journaling to be completed?  Consider revisiting your old sheets of vellum for the task--It's always a perfect match.  ;)






Supplies Used (available at Scrapbook.com)

3 comments:

  1. Love this collection...and your photos are just perfect with it. I loved your other Frosty Friends layout too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a super layout Mendi! This is by far, my absolute favorite collection by Doodlebug. I wish I owned it =(
    And yep, 3M Spray is awesome for vellum! I have it too, works like a charm!
    Hugs,
    Jo
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute snow bunnies you have got there - They are smiling and happy and this great layout showcases them!! Love your use of banners on the top and the bottom - Looks way cool!! I am thinking this collection looks really great together. It was not a Have to Have collection for me but after seeing you play with it - this collection has gotten promoted to the Must Have list!!! Thanks so much for showing this collection's versatility!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...