Monday, June 29, 2015

A Doodlebug Designs Sunkissed Summer Pool Party Layout

I'm sharing a fun summer themed layout over on Doodlebug's blog today using more of their adorable Sunkissed collection.


When creating this layout I chose a grid design, but I needed something to fill that last remaining square. After considering using it for my title or a journaling block, I decided to create a handmade sunshine embellishment.  I fashioned him from a circle die-cut, alternating strips of the two tangerine tone-on-tone prints from the collection and a pair sunglasses from the icon sticker sheet.  I love how he rounds out my visual triangle and took on a little personality of his own.


For my title I die-cut the word summer using THIS Silhouette cutting file and paired it with the word "fun" which I fussy cut from one of the 4x6 cards found on the green grass paper.


I thought these photos of my daughter wearing a darling popsicle tankini from several years ago were just so perfect for the images in this collection.The only problem was the pink in her swimsuit was clashing with the pinks in some of the papers.

I was able to solve that by sticking mostly with tone-on-tone prints and pulling in the perfect bubblegum pink from the Petite Prints collection.  To tie it in bubblegum color some more, I die-cut mini flowers from the same paper to layer over the printed flowers on the flip flop stickers and used a strip of the rainbow washi tape.


Don't these happy colors just scream summer?!  They make me want to sip a fruity smoothie while dipping my feet in the pool.  :)






Supplies Used (available at Scrapbook.com):

2 comments:

  1. I adore Doodlebug so much and their collections are always so fun and vibrant. This layout is just so cute! Your daughter's photos are sweet as can be, she's just chilling and enjoying the pool. Cute as a button! And I love your sunshine dude! He definitely does have his own little personality about him! Lovely layout Mendi!
    Hugs,
    Jo
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just have to say that EVERYTHING about this AMAZING scrapbook layout SCREAMS CUTENESS!!! That sunshine, those flip flops, the title - Everything is just so dang cute and I love how well done it all is!!! Hugs to you!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...