Thursday, July 23, 2015

Doodlebug Sunkissed Layout using PageMaps Sketch

Today it's my turn on the Doodlebug blog and I'm sharing a closer look at a playful layout I created using a new PageMaps sketch by Becky Fleck and Doodlebug's adorable Sunkissed collection!


Here's a peek at Becky's wonderful sketch from this month that inspired my page:


I chose to combine the two smaller photos into one larger 5" x 4" photo which led me to a great selfie my daughter took of herself on my camera last spring.  To mimic the circle title in the sketch, I used THIS awesome "selfie" cutting file and welded it to a circle which I had offset to match the thickness of the word.  I then layered them on a scalloped circle and completed my title with Doodlebug's Teensy Type Alpha Stickers.


For the second point in my visual triangle I layered a couple clouds (from the new Doodlebug Sizzix dies) with a sunshine sticker from the icon sticker sheet.


I completed my visual triangle with a camera sticker which I layered with a glitter sprinkle and tied with doodle twine.  It felt like the perfect embellishment to tie in with my selfie theme so I was pretty excited to find it on that same icon sticker sheet!


If you aren't familiar with the PageMaps website, make sure to head over and take a look.  She has a wonderful archive section dating all the way back to the beginning in 2006 with printable PDF's for each month.  I can't believe she has been inspiring us for almost a decade now--Oh how time flies when we're having fun!  ;)

Thanks for hanging with me.  :)


Supplies (available at 
Scrapbook.com)

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful layout Mendi! I cannot believe how beautiful and grown she is! Just a beautiful young lady now.... and what a great photo to want to do a layout with. Your take on the sketch is dead on! I love how you mimicked the sketch to fit what you had on hand and it all tied in beautifully together. I love Doodlebug, did I mention that yet? LOL
    Hugs,
    Jo
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. You used these products in an amazing way and showcased your daughter with a layout that is so SPOT ON with the page map!! Awesomely cute, Your daughter and the page!!! So impressed with the way you coordinate and make everything look so good together!! So wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...